CPP20212 – Certificate II in Security Operations
The course covers the basic legal, operational knowledge and skills to start working in manpower (Class 1) sectors of the security industry.
What will this type of licence enable me to do?
- Security Licence 1A – Static and Mobile Patrol Guard authorises the licensee to work as a Static and Mobile Patrol Guard in shopping centres, and to watch property etc.
- Security License 1C – Crowd Controller authorises the licensee to work as a Crowd Controller on licensed premises such as Sporting Arenas, Pubs, Clubs, Hotels and Casinos.
Be a Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen or have full time working rights in Australia (student or working holiday visas are not accepted)
Sign a Statutory Declaration regarding Criminal History P1016 Form as per SLED requirement 100 points of ID Certified by a J.P – this MUST consist of one PRIMARY ID (passport, birth certificate, citizenship certificate) – for more information refer to downloads section.
Provide us with a USI (Unique Student Identifier) – for more information: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/how-do-i-create-usi
Meet prescribed language, literacy and numeracy requirements as per SLED requirement*
What Certification will I receive?
- CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations and a separate Statement of Attainment for three additional units of competency, OR
- A Statement of Attainment consisting of fourteen units if you do not complete “HLTAID003 Perform First Aid”
Am I eligible to get NSW Security License?
To be eligible for a NSW security licence, you must meet suitability criteria required by security industry legislation. These fall into two main categories:
- General; and
- Criminal and Other Related History.
GENERAL SUITABILITY CRITERIA:
If you wish to be granted a NSW security licence, you must:
- be 18 years of age or over;
- be a fit and proper person to hold the class of licence sought;
- have the relevant competencies and experience required;
- have successfully completed any required training and assessment;
- be competent to carry on the security activity to which the proposed licence relates;
- be an Australian/New Zealand citizen or permanent Australian resident or hold a visa that entitles you to work in Australia (other than a student or working holiday visa);
- obtain a Driver Licence, Photo Card or Customer Number from NSW Roads & Maritime Services.
CRIMINAL AND OTHER RELATED HISTORY SUITABILITY CRITERIA:
You are not eligible to be granted a NSW security licence if you have:
- within the previous 10 years, been convicted in NSW or elsewhere of an offence prescribed by the regulations;
- within the previous 5 years, been found guilty (but with no conviction recorded) by a court in NSW or elsewhere of an offence prescribed by the regulations;
- within the previous 5 years, had imposed against you by a court or tribunal in NSW or elsewhere, a civil penalty prescribed by the regulations;
- within the previous 10 years, been removed or dismissed from the NSW Police Force or any other jurisdiction (whether in Australia or overseas) on the grounds of your integrity as a police officer; or
- been involved in corrupt conduct.
What is a Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test?”
It is a requirement under the Australian Skills Quality Authority (our federal govt. regulatory body) that the training delivered on their behalf is targeted appropriately to the people participating. This helps us to determine what type or level of learning support will best suit your individual needs.
It is also a requirement of SLED that an approved English Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test be undertaken prior to the commencement of the Security course.
If you know you need assistance, please let us know early on so that we can assist you and help with this process. All LLN issues are treated with understanding, discretion and confidentiality. You come to us to learn, so please allow us the opportunity to make your learning a positive experience.
- Laptop and more tools available during the courses
- Online course content access
- SMS and Email notification
- Affordable course fee
- Face to Face Professional Trainer led course