Pre-course online underpinning knowledge typically will take 2-3 hours. This comprises – learning material and quizzes to ensure you are equipped with the theoretical knowledge prior to commencing the practical session.
The practical session comprises firstly of Provide CPR. This is a 2-hour session requiring an element of physical activity performed on CPR Manikins.
Providing First Aid will follow the CPR session and will be 4-5 hours in total.
First Aid Training Course Content
A candidate must show evidence of the ability to complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of these units, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the job role.
For full details on course contents click the Government Training Website links below:
Candidates that successfully complete all requirements of the course and assessment will receive:
- Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for:
- HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid will remain current for 3 years from the issue date
- It is recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council that CPR training be completed at least every 12 months.
There are no pre-requisites for this course but pre-course requirements are required to be undertaken.
USI Number Requirement
USI – Unique Student Identifier
The Unique Student Identifier or USI is a nationally recognised reference number that will give you access to your training records and transcripts which can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere; is free and easy to create and stays with you for life.